The Wilder Branch was named after Laura Ingalls Wilder, author of many children's stories of pioneer life.
Initially, a temporary branch location on Seven Mile Road opened on May 12, 1949. The current location opened on February 6, 1967. The exterior court displays a metal wall sculpture by Narendra Patel, which was inspired by the book "The Little House in the Big Woods." Mrs. Wilder donated manuscripts of "The Long Winter" and "These Happy Golden Years" along with photographs and other documents to the Library. These items are currently housed in the Burton Historical Collection at the Main Library.
Meeting Rooms/Space Rentals
The Building contains a clubroom, which will accommodate 120 persons. The clubroom is used for library and community programming. The clubroom may be used by community groups by calling the branch for information and reservations.